Thursday, April 23, 2009

Afraid

(To a Stranger)
It's been a long time since I've opened up myself up to any man. After years of abuse, I have learned to shut down and leave my pride aside. I was afraid to love again.
Being around you make me feel like a lost child. A child that is lost and looking for love. Too afraid to face the harsh realities that the world is in fact cruel. The world is heartless. The people that inhabit it claim they love you only to hurt you. I am that child afraid to love again.
I feel kind of funny around you. I wanna touch you, admire you. I want to feel your warmth fulfill your every desire. I want to feel completely comfortable around you. I want to whisper the words I love you as you sleep. I simply want to adore you but I'm afraid.
I stare at you because of mixed feelings I carry for you. I don't know who should win this war; my broken heart or my restless soul? I'm lost and confused. I wanna fall and when I fall I wanna fall hard. But I'm afraid you won't love, admire and treasure me as much as I do to you. I'm too afraid to simply love you.
Written 4/23/09

No comments: