Sunday, June 21, 2009

Time and Distance

(Chester)
As the wind blows slowly but softly through the leaves,
it took me back to that time when our relationship
where you would run your fingers through my hair.
I really love you threw and threw.
Your smile made me happy,
your silly jokes made me laugh.
I miss you dearly.
I now only get to visit you in my dreams.
I replay our old memories in my mind over and over again.
I thought and dreamed about you so much that I now
fantasize about what we could have been.
You haunt my every dream.
I can't help but to thank God for allowing me to be blessed to
love a wonderful man.
I guess you can say I love you now more that I have
ever loved you before.
I'm sorry for all the pain and hurt emotions you felt as I was
trying to figure myself out.
If God willing, I will love you more.
I will watch you while you sleep to make sure you don't miss
a beat.
I will be the shoulder that you can
cry on.
I will be that woman you wanted me to be.
But for now I'm just a stranger to your future.
I tear up at the thought of how stupid I was to leave you.
Oh how I wish I could turn back the hands of time.
I just hope and pray that you're happy.
I will always love you until the end of time.
Written 8/20/2007

No comments: