Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's been a long time....

OK so I know I haven't been on here in a while but I've been quite a busy young lady. So since I haven't been on here in a while,I'm posting two poems that I've written recently. I hope you like it. Please post comments and follow the blog!!!

Peace and Blessings, J



"A Waste of Matter and Time"

(A "stranger")

I want you now more than ever. I have these built up emotions, feelings, yearns and tears. I have all these unexplored thoughts and decisions. One thing for sure is I want you. I'm growing angry everyday knowing my feelings for you grow stronger and tighter. Tough as Teflon, longer than any given yard and better as an aged wine. These emotions for you aren't new, as a matter of fact, I knew how I felt when I first met you. I was amazed by your dark chocolate skin, your Colgate smile, mesmerizing eyes and your deep voice. I'm trying to build up my courage to come to you and tell you how I really feel but I'm afraid. I'm afraid that you'll shut me down and don't want me like I want you. Yea, I heard that line, I only want you as a friend. Yea, Yea, Yea heard that line too. Now I can sit here and tell you how much I can change this and give you that but if your mind isn't here, it's a lost cause. I am tired and pissed to be the last choice in your marathon of thoughts. I want to be your first and last. Your everything! I have so much lost love locked away patiently waiting and waiting. When will it stop? When will the peace subside with the love? I want you more than those brand new pair of shoes. I want you more than that new bag with a high price tag. I want you to remind of love and hope. All these things I want to tell you not only you but the world too. All these thoughts I write as I pass you on the train, too afraid to say hello to you. Damn I get so mad! Not mad at you but at society. They have programmed you to want what's not good to you. You want the bad girl who's poison to your soul. Toxic to your thoughts. Society has whispered in you ears lies and deceit to love this particular type of woman. Why not me?? Lord please help him see! But until the meanwhile, as I proceed off this train, I leave my thoughts for keeps, my feelings under wraps, crying invisible tears, and my pride protected. Until the next time I see you again, these words are a waste of matter and time.

Written 10/27/2008


My Petition

(Dedicated to my Spirit)

I have needs, wants and desires. I have made decisions, changes and life scarifies. I'm at a moment in time where everything is standing still. Just as dull, lonely and thoughtless as the moment before. I'm at a dead end. A dead end at the fork in the road. A fork in a road that can't be seen past the eye's view. I'm lost. I'm confused. I'm lonely.

I set aside all these foolish ideas of falling in love and traded them for strength, courage and wisdom. I need guidance. I need time. I need love. I deserve love and affection. I deserve the undivided attention and daily devotion. I deserve the silly just thinking of you texts and emails. This is my petition of my standards of love. I want it more than ever. I thrive off it's energy. I'm breathing it's air. I'm simultaneously beating along to it's heart beat.

I am waiting patiently.

Written 11/16/2008

No comments: