Thursday, August 6, 2009

Running

(Joshua)

I'm dreaming a dream that will never come true. I'm falling in love with someone that I've never knew. I find myself running back to a love thats brand new.

I'm lost.
I"m alone.
I'm confused.

Why do I find myself back to a situation that I thought I left behind? Only to fall back into a depressive state of mind. Why do I love you? Why do I even care? When I needed you, you were barely even there.

The noise is too loud.
My world is turing upside down.
My head dives in the palms of my hands.

I've cried so many tears over you. I've lost so much pride when I'm not with you. I've let myself go because of you. Because of you, I don't want to love again! I feel loving is a complete lost and a blind sin.

I'm running.....
I'm running.....
I'm running.....

I swear to God I want to let you go but I don't know how. You have been my yearly dose of medicine. I fiend for you. I breathe your air. I inhale your colonge even when you're not there. I touch you, I feel you, I yearn for you. You have been my "pusha man" for so long, I don't know how it feels to be sober anymore.

My soul is weak.
I can't breathe.
I'm in a manic state of mind.
I'm running, I'm running
I gotta run away from you........

Written 8/5/2009

1 comment:

Tracy Renee Jones said...

Beautiful poem. Run girl, run for your life. I know just what you speak of and am trying to escape that fiendin kind of love right now. Be blessed.