Friday, September 26, 2008

Viva La Vixen




Ok so I'm reading now the Vixen Diaries by Karrine Steffans. To me this woman is amazing. Now when I say amazing, I'm not stating that she's an angel and she needs to be praised, I'm just simply stating that she lead a pretty interesting life. She's come from nothing to something, the big talk of the town and now a self man millionaire based soley almost on sex. It's amazing how sex sells and its quite powerful. When I read her first book Confessions of a Video Vixen, I did past judgement. I was like wow this is some crazy s*&t and I can't believe this woman will put all her and these celebrities business out there. But reading on to the next book and watching her videos, I can say I agree with her when she states why should she be ashamed of what she wrote when they're the ones who participated in the acts also.

Yes I can say I was shocked about some of my favorite celebs but there is a secret life behind scenes that we can't see. They don't call Hollywood, Hollyweird for nothing. That's the only place that I can see they accept anything/anyone with no strings attached. Who are we to say that this woman is a slut, whore, gold digger or a "B". No one really knows that truth into what really happened in her childhood and behind closed doors. We only see what we assume and only believe what we subspet. So when I look at Karrine Steffans, I see a woman whom is hurt. She's looking for a love in "men" whom she has to find within herself. Yes, I'm sure she loves herself but she hasn't really found herself. It's hard to explain how you "find yourself" but when you do, its an indescribable event. Let's just say she's in the process.

None of us have the right to say anything about her lifestyle. When you look at yourself and really think about how many people you have slept with, how freaky you got with them or the things you said or did for money, what makes you think you're just as innocent. Now it's true that people change as years progress so who's to say that she haven't changed and moved on to be a successful business woman? Alot of people might read this and say this girl is crazy, Karrine is a whore plain and simple but I'll just come back and disagree. Men do the same things as she did and they don't get called all the negative names, in fact they're praised about who and how many women they've been with. I'm not stating that who she slept with should be praised but I'm stating that she's a product of her environment. Take for an example, a young boy who grows up in the hood and see his older brother or peers selling drugs, pimpin or riding in the most expensive cars. The young boy is going to grow up wanting the same things that his brother or peers have. Alot of these "groupies" want that same lifestyle. They want the expensive husband, nice house, cars and plenty of money to supply their needs/wants. Again she didn't have that and she's just a product of seeing what people had and she went for what she wanted by any means necessary.

My point is don't judge a book by its cover. Alot of Americans have "secrets" and some tell it all or some just keep it within. Seeking therapy, whether its with a counselor, drugs, alcohol, or better yet Jesus. We have to get to know people before we can assume the worst or try to help. Look at your faults and bad decision making before you jump out there and say harmful words. We're all humans and make mistakes. Unfortunately, she's still paying for her faults. And for the women, please stop trying to be the next Karrine. As you can see it's NOT a good look for your future!

God Bless!

No comments: