Monday, September 29, 2008

Just too GOOD to be True

I'm extremely tired from last night's football game, Redskins VS. Cowboys. I'm happy that my boys Redskins have won!!!! Ok I'm not going to rub it in nobody's face. Hail to the Redskins!!!



Ok back to business....Over this past week I've came across the most dumbest thing I've ever heard. A good friend of mine's broke up with his girlfriend because she was too good for him so he believed he didn't deserve her. His ex-girlfriend told me he didn't feel that "spark" like he did with anyone else. Now let me pause there. Here is a man who's ex's treated him like crap. He was the one in the past that put everything in the relationship and got nothing out of it but a heartache and a big headache. So when he met this girl who had everything, she was that women he was looking for. She's smart, balanced, community oriented and very down to earth but she was too good for him or just too perfect? Now that's crazy how he can come to a conclusion that he wants the "perfect" woman for him and he gets it and he doesn't know what to do with her.

Now this example is not an uncommon thing to hear. I've been in the situation before. I had a boyfriend that was ready to give me to the world but I wasn't ready for what he was giving me. I was use to the arguments and headaches from him earlier in our relationship. We broke up on and off for years until finally winter 2005 he was ready to marry me. At that point in time I was ready to graduate from college in the spring and find a job ASAP. I was young, dump and stupid. I had a man that was ready to leave everything and start a life with me. I can see now that I wasn't ready for that blessing and it'll come to me when I'm ready. When my friends asked me why I broke it off with him, I stated he was too nice. haha..I can laugh at that now because I was use to what my ex's use to be. I was use to the men who didn't call and when they did call, they didn't give me details about why they didn't call me nor why so long. Also I was use to men disrespecting me and not giving me the love that I need. Luckily over years and experience, I've come to realize my worth and how much love and respect I NEED.

So I know how it feels to be bored with a relationship because you're use to the drama that comes along in a relationship. As we get older we understand that train of thoughts are stupid but it's a harsh reality. Some people don't grow up and see what real potential they have in front of them Lord knows I would give up everything to have that kind of love in a man again. I've meet some pretty harsh men who don't care about nothing but themselves and their sexual pleasure. So it mad me mad at my guy friend who just dumped his girl and then in the same sentence told her he loved her and he can see himself marrying her. My response to the situation is what the hell are you thinking??? So my advice to everyone is to enjoy that love that you have because you never know when that love will give up on you. You only love once really, so hold tight!


BTY the poem K.A.R.M.A was written about him

1 comment:

Unknown said...

another good one here. just project this situation into marriage and see what happens. a good and 'perfect' girl marries someone who never appreciates her. this marriage is the end of her life. she will live a life of total misery unless by some miracle he changes. sometimes its good they break it off earlier than give this perfect girl undeserved pain.