Monday, October 27, 2008

Be CAREFUL who you're listening to...


Growing up my mother always told me to be careful who I tell my business to. I use to always tell her that I don't spread all my business to no one but my friends. But you see even though you don't say much to people, your mind is actually speaking for you. A lot of people don't realize that your actions sometimes can mean your words. I just to let my mind wonder and let the devil tear me down to nothing. I did and said harsh things to those that I loved. I let that voice come in and take control of my thoughts. I cried many nights and wondered why me? If God has heard my cry and see me going through hell on Earth, why me? That "voice" told me that I wasn't nothing, I'm not pretty enough, I'm not skinny enough, I don't have the nicer clothes like the other girls, my hair can't get straight enough, I can't loose weight no matter what!, my eyes aren't light enough, I want to be lighter!!! No I'm not good enough.... I use to tell people this all the time.

While in church, one of my pastor's talked on a sermon about being careful whom you're speaking to and listening to. It had me thinking about all the people I've spoken to over the years, even my family members. My pastor stated that you will have those that seem to have best interest at heart but all along they're plotting against you. Some people will tell you vicious lies and deceit or they will boost your mind to believe something big. You can not and I repeat CAN NOT listen to everything people tell you. My pastor warned us that the devil and his solders can speak to you through people you know or don't know. The problem that I deal with along with plenty other people is that sometimes we focus our blessings based on what we can see. We keep "praying" until we feel as though we got what we wanted because we know Jesus was listening. Well I'm here to tell you, not all the time those "blessings" are from Jesus. Yes the devil will "bless" you with what you wanted but you know he wants something in return. For example he will give you that new car that you always wanted but he wants you to go out to the club and be too tired to get up on Sunday morning and go to church. He eventually wants your counted soul.

I know this is a deep thought to think about but really think about it. Have you ever done something and someone ask you do you know why you did that? How could do something like that to me or who do you think you are?? You find yourself lost for words. Well there was a little voice (not your conscience) telling you to do something because it's going to be OK. Or you had someone to encourage your thoughts/feelings and even participated with you. Not everyone is truly your friend. When You feel as though you weren't yourself, you really wasn't. You were taken over by your thoughts and your acted based on your feelings. We have to get out of this realm of seeing faith and not walking by faith.

God has promised you a beautiful life, all you have to do is show up to collect the prize. We live a predestined life that God has ordered our steps. You can read your bible everyday, pray everyday and preach the word but if you don't believe in what God has planned for you, then that one thought can damage your whole harvest that you just planned with one seed. Yes we're going through a recession but you have to see past this. My pastor tell us all the time, you're not in a recession, the world is. Just work your principle and you will walk through this storm. Now when he states work your principle, he's not stating just tithe. He's stating that you have to preach to those that feel like giving up, reecourgage yourself daily, read and believe the word and come to church anytime the doors are open. It's a shame that thousands of churches doors are closing due to this "recession" because a lot of the members can't afford to pay tithes and offerings. But this is your time to realize this is what the devil wants. He wants you too not being able to pay your bills, trying to pay Peter by robbing Paul and neglecting your church. You're making excuses that church is too far b/c of no gas, no tithes to offer, my body hurts, the game is going to be on or I have errands to run on Sundays. God doesn't ask for much, he really just ask for an hour of your time daily when you're not in church and a couple of hours on Sunday. Stop letting the devil win your spirit and your heart. You're in control of your own destiny! STOP listening to those people who tell you that you'll never make it, you're ugly, you can't get that car (it's too expensive for your pockets), you can't open up that business, how are you going to pay for school?, who do you think you are, you're fat, you shouldn't do that b/c you're not ready for that, or you will never be nothing like your parents. STOP IT! Don't let another negative thought come into that mind. You're everything that God has given you and much more. He gives you a choice, not it's up to you what you where do you want to go? Just have FAITH!!!!

1 comment:

tommeh said...

U are absolutely right. One should be careful of who one tells his/her biz to.