Monday, January 5, 2009

Can You Really Wear That??

HAPPY NEW YEAR BLOGGERS! I'm really happy to annouce that I'm here to live another year, blessed and in good health! THANK GOD FOR THAT!!
Now since it's a new year, I know a lot of new fashions are coming to the scene. My friend over on Twitter asked a question about who they belive the celebs who have the best clothing line. Some of these celebs line will peak someone's interests and then there's some that will make your mind boggle. Over the years many celebs have came out with their verisons of what they consider "high price fashion." Now if you ask me, I believe not every celeb should put their name on everything that comes out. Somethings should be left either in your closet and saved for another Halloween or for when you're feeling froggy. LOL. I swear it's a new trend for celebs to come out with their clothing lines because they also believe this will be another great way of investing their money and ideas. Well I wanted to take sometime to look over some of the celebs fashion sense.


First off lets take a look see at Phat Farm/Baby Phat. These clothing lines have come a mighty long way. I can remember growing up seeing my older brother looking at the Vibe magazines and admiring the new Phat Farm gear. A lot of people up north loved this line, especially the men around Russell Simmons age. But Russell didn't want to reach out to those his age, he wanted to let the youth see that you can still be fashion and fly. I actually like the Phart Farm collection over the years. Not everything I have agreed with but one thing for sure and two things for certain, he's conquered the fashion/music industry by storm! Now when you have a music/fashion mogul married to a model you're going to get the women's version of Phat Farm; Baby Phat. When I was first introduced to Baby Phat, I actually loved the cute little kitten that was protrayed as being sexy. It was great as a fashion logo and I believe it's pleasing to the eye. What women you know who don't want to be a sexy sex kitten?? LOL. The only thing that I really don't like about Baby Phat is that sometimes logos don't need to be advertised on the product!!! This is a serious pet peeve of mines. I don't want to be walking around and everyone can clearly see what I'm wearing!! They only need to see one sex kitten, not 60,000 of them. LOL. Also not everything need to be hanging off the shoulder or spandex! We need to realize that we need to expand our clothing ideas using other cloths. Other than the overload on advertisments, I can say I'm really impressed with Baby Phat. Kimora has really expanded her money without the help from her ex-husband. I'm an advit user of her perfume line! I seriously do recommend them. Also I appreciate how Kimora has opened her line to PLUS Size Women!!! Thank God! I have a couple of pieces of hers and I'm gratful for that. The price tag on some of the clothing pieces can be a bit much but its resonable. You can pick up either clothing lines at Macy's.


Next clothing line which I enjoy is Sean John. Diddy have such great luck with this side of his many tricks to his trade. At first I was like what in the world is Puffy up to now?? But I must say this tickles my fansy. LOL. I'm overly excited how last summer he got a whole line of nothing but black models to sport his products!! Diddy always trying to do something that is pleasing to his fans and I must say he has received an appluse from me. I love the fact that his clothing line is a little kick, sexy and classic. The men's clothing line is amazing!!! Everytime I see one of his fashion shows he impresses me. I'm surprised that him and his designers are very creative and open minded to what the everyday person is able to wear. Not all the items the everyday John or Jane can wear but he makes his prices fairly reasonable and pleasing. Now if he can get his music career talent like his clothing line, then he will be on the top of his game. I say Sean John gets an A+ in my books for fashion. But I must say his women's line still need some help!! I don't know why he hasn't really did anything for the ladies. The ladies will like to look crisp and dapper with their man. He just need to come up with some other ideas for that and he really would be good!




Moving on...Rocawear. This line was on top of its game back in the early 2000's. I have to give Dam Dash and Hova their props. This line came out and hit everyone with surprise how they gave eveyone a new type of swag. All the sign and unsigned rappers from Rocafella was representing the fashion hitting the streets. They used their albums and friends to spread the word of the new fashion addiction for New Yorkers. If you ask me, I believe it was a great advertisment scheme but you have to be careful who you have advertising your stuff!!! What I appreciated about Rocawear is that they accomdated for both men and women. They weren't too flashy about the logo on the clothes. I did like the fact that they were colorful and not afraid to try something a little different. It was simple, crisp, clean and edgy but it a major catalyst between music and fashion. It helped merge the rappers then that were taking over the music industry with their fans. The fans felt as though they were representing who they listening to and the demand was high for the best that Rocawear had to offer. So thats what they did. Rocawear had all types of models, young and old, differnt cultures and different music artist represeting the line. Rocawear was seen every where, from babies, adults, women's handbags, shoes, coats and furs. The Roc was definetly in the building!!! Eventhough you don't see the line as much, it's still representing.


Now I can go on and on about who I like and some who I believe need to go back to the factory and start all over again but I'll just list the ones who I like.

Apple Bottoms: Good for the big butt women. LOL. Please don't wear if you don't have the shape for them!!!


G-Unit: They took over for a little bit of time and it was very noticable. Every "thug" thought they had a clothing line that finally wasn't that pretty boy ish so they were rocking it. I loved the female line, they made sure their ladies were sexy!! LOL



L.A.M.B: Gwen Stefani stepped on the scence and demanded that attention and respect. Her line was fabolous when it came out and still rocking in the stores like it's brand new. She came up with some new and funky ideas how you can play with the fashion scene. I love the fact that she wasn't afraid to be different and not apologize for it!







For the losers in my opionion of fashion....

J. Lo. I actually like her as an actress but as a fashion designer she needs to stop! I understand there are a lot of women who are hippy and small waist, I'm one of them but not everything need to look like jump suits. They are baggy, no kick or something that screams LOOK AT ME! It just looks like something that I can get from my local $10 fashion store. I like that fact that she trys to include her own sense of fashion but wouldn't catch her wearing everything that she has on her line. Why do these celebs keep putting off these fashion lines with clothes that you don't really see on them?? Which leads me to my next person...




House of Deron'. I'm a hard core Beyonce' fan but her and her mother are lying to me!!! LOL. You don't see Beyonce' or Solonge wearing all those clothes that they are promoting on those websites!!! For years we knew Tina Knowles and her daugher Beyonce' will come out with something since Tina was making their clothes in Destiny Child. But why promote these clothes that are serious overpriced, no ordinary women can wear and what tops it all, they're sold out a lot ot times. Now I know Tina isn't the one who's making each product so come on now!!!....



My last losers are three of my favorite rappers: Andre' 3000, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams. I love their audacity to wear certain things and don't feel sorry or bad about it. But sir's not everyone can wear your clothes!!! Who the hell will walk down the street looking like they just jumped back in time with Benjamin Andre' 3000 then jumped forward and in Startrack with Pharrell?? Oh then you want to look preppy but flashy with Kanye??? People love their fashion's because they dare to be different and they don't bend towards what they believe what society should label black men to be. BUT AGAIN NOT ALL BLACK MEN WILL WEAR THOSE CLOTHES!!! I know a lot of men have said Andre' 3000 is like an alien with a crazy vocab game, Kanye is depressed but his flow is sick and Pharrell is crazy on the producing skills but their clothes are garbage. So my advice is to keep your day jobs fellas. Love ya! *smile*






















No comments: