Monday, January 12, 2009

"Online Sluts"

Before I start off, let me stress to you that this isn't anything offensive to hurt any one's feelings. This is truly my personal opinion! Now that that's out the way.....


Since the Internet has been up for the past 20 yrs (?) it has been a serious gateway for communication. I truly believe that this is the greatest invention since slice bread but it also has it's downfalls. A lot of the times people go onto the Internet and connect with people. Whether it's personally,emotionally,spiritually,networking or sexually; we all are enjoying ourselves to whatever extent. But what kills me is those people that purposely go online and find sex! Lawd why??? I know you all heard the sayings "everything that glitters ain't gold," "be careful what you ask for," "don't go searching for nothing because you might end up regretting it." Well all those old "country" sayings were true!!! It's a harsh world out here and you have to be careful. People will cut their pictures and make themselves "look good," cut out vital information about their true status, children, DISEASES! and bad habits.


We all want to look suitable to the eye but come on now, be honest with yourselves and the truth will set you free. Like I said before, I'm a true advocate for safe sex!!!! I'd worked at an STD/GYN clinic for 2.5 yrs and I loved it. I've gained so much knowledge,courage and wisdom working there and I'm truly grateful for that. But also working there has opened my eyes to the deadly game of sex. I've heard plenty of stories how people went online, met this guy/girl and hit it off. Now if you have sex the first night, hey that's how it is, I'm nooooooooooo one to judge but please make sure you wrap it up!! It's too many same stories how people go online meet this person and don't bother using protection!!!


I personally, now that I get older, don't see why people go online and show all their assets, do the most nastiest things and expect people to really respect you??? I've always been the type of girl that was classy but sassy and mysterious. Leave a person wondering what's really going on with you, you might actually enjoy that type of attention. But it's killing my Black women more and more everyday how our self esteem is dropping lower and lower. WE (African-Americans) don't need to express ourselves sexually/physically just to get attention because we already have been exploited over the years from slavery down to your average ho on the street. Love yourself from within and it will clearly show out. Self love is the best love.


I had a friend who I loved dearly but she wasn't on my same path. At that point in time, I was in my senior year of college and I choose to not participate in sexual activities. I wanted to be really focused on my school work and graduate!!! On the other hand, my friend was very promiscuous. She would meet guys off the Internet, wine and dine them, take them to bed and then complain to me she doesn't know why they didn't call her back??? WTF? Chiiiillldd Bye! He's not going to call you because you gave him a full meal, banging sex and a nap cap, he's good. He came, He saw and He conquered. She had the audacity to get mad at me when finally I was getting fed up with her complaining when I suggested to her that maybe she needs to slow down and keep a tight ship for a little while. Her comment to me was "girl please that's the whole purpose of dating, you keep f*cking until you get the right one." WOW! I was actually blown away how this slut puppy showed her true colors. Well my response to her when she continued to tell her story was..."well which guy is this, this week because this is someone new. You keep f*cking with so many guys that I can't keep up!!" Needless to say, her and I aren't friends anymore. She still does the same thing, messing with guys on the Internet, selling herself short. *Deuces*


Now online dating sometimes can be the best thing! I've met some pretty interesting people thanks to the Internet but I choose people wisely. In the past I've taken a lot of bull crap from men and I refuse to be any one's slut puppy just to tickle their fancy!!! I am a woman who deserves respect, love and admiration. Now I know some people might ask, have you every dated anyone off the net, well to answer that yes! They were not someone I was looking for at that point in time. We became friends before lovers. As a matter of fact, I still am friends with one of my ex's. We've been through a lot and I rather him to continue to be my friend then nothing at all to me. We have a bond that's not to be broken. So see the Internet do have a soft, nice side to it. I love meeting new, funny, different people that have respect for themselves and others! But I can't stand a man with no class, who thinks I'll bend over backwards and do whatever he wants because he's cute and he know how to use his mouth piece game??? Naaahhh son..LOL.


Please,please,please be smart! Don't have sex and not use protection. Better yet, get to know the person before you're ready to jump into bed with them. Once you jump into their beds,then you're opening up a can of worms that you might not be able to handle at that point in time. Especially women; we think/react with our emotions and our emotions are tied with our sexual experiences. Have sex with someone you enjoy, appreciate,adore and possibly love. Don't become an "online slut" looking for his/her next fix because in the end ladies and gents, you will find yourself by yourself!

No comments: