Friday, January 16, 2009

Designer Bags

I had this one particular convo. with a lot of my male patients that they seem to don't understand. They see me all the time with a nice bag (aka purse) which is designer and they always ask, "Why do yall women spend all that money on those bags??" I smile. Well let me try to explain this the best way I know how. I try to to explain to them first off, this is only my opionion so don't take this as a general one.

What is the purpose of a woman's purse you might ask? A woman's purse is to carry around her life with her daily. Whether it's to carry all her money, planner, keys, cosmetics, mail, etc. she needs it to be there on stand by. Now in my bag, I carry my planner, keys, all my lip glosses (gotta have lips poppin), phone, pens, wallet, IPod, eye glasses, contact lens case, perfume, lotion and my inhaler(I have asthma!). These items are my daily dose of me. I need all these things to be on stand by whenever I need access to them. Now when I put these things in my bag, I want my purse to be a reflection of me. If I'm carrying my "life" around with me everyday, why can't I have a nice bag to show off me?


My bag is a show off piece in a way and it's a great conversation starter. But most importantly a hater magnet. You can either get plenty of compliments, stares or criticism. Either way us women thrive off it. If another women compliments the bag to the point she "trys" it on and say it'll match her outfit she has on or the one that she has in her closet then you know you picked out a bangin bag. BUT get it from her quick and don't leave it around her too long. The reason so because she's gonna keep "trying" it on and/or ask you questions into where you got it from. Now ladies, you know the golden rule: Don't ask another woman where she shopped!! We as women are very selfish when it comes to our identity. We don't want to look like another chick or have her flaunt around the same style as you. Now the haters will hate. They hate the fact that you had enough money to by that "expensive bag." Don't get mad at me because I saw a bag that I "had to have" and you didn't have the nerve or the funds to get it!!! That's my money and my blessing so stop hating! Back up I need 15 feet.LOL


Men we do try to save our money sometimes and go out and buy imatiation designer bags. Don't get me wrong, not all my bags are imatiations, I only have one so far. I don't play with those when it comes to my favorite designer bag, COACH. I feel as though every woman can shop there at least once in their life because it's really not that expensive. It's not like you're going out and buying no Luis Vutton, Chritian Dior, Prada, Gucci or D&G. Thank God though I do have the hook up at COACH!!! LOL.


Imatations are great when you see all those other designer bags that cost a down payment on a house, you can easily go out to Canal St. in NYC! Yes I have shopped there and please don't hate on that fact. I refuse to spend $10,000 on a bag that can easily rip/tear or could have been put toward my college loan payback! That's just ridiculous. I know what's my means and what's not so I don't plan to live past that. But if the bag's stiching is right and for that right price, we have a deal! Plus let the haters hate if they think I have a $10,000 purse!


So with all that being said, I want my bag to be a refection of who I really am. If it's flashy, I felt like being flashy for the day. If I want to be simple, then I don't want a lot of attention. If I want to feel different then I will be just that! I am a unique individual so my bag need to be a great reflection of that! So I'll buy whatever I want with that price. Hey if you men can buy $150 pair of Jordans then I can rock my new bag for that price also?!
BTW: The pictures above are my next bags that I'm getting next month. HaHa. Hi haters!




No comments: